Sunday, December 20, 2009

How often should I wash my porsche? How long after I wax it do I have to wait to wash it again?

I would wash it by hand using water, what type of soap do u recommend if any at all? I use microfiber towels. Also how often should I wax it? I use carnauba wax. Right now i wash once a week or if it gets really dirty, and I wax once a monthHow often should I wash my porsche? How long after I wax it do I have to wait to wash it again?
still wash it once a week and I don't use any soap at all, just plain water and a wash mitt, if you wax the car 2 or 3 times a year that is plenty and you can use MeGuiars detailing spray in between waxes to make it look like it has just been waxed.How often should I wash my porsche? How long after I wax it do I have to wait to wash it again?
you want to use a soap


soap helps make your wash mitt glide over the surface of the car





meguiars gold class soap will do





you can wash whenever you want


once a week or every other week is fine





waxing, all depends


you will want to use a cleaner wax every once a while


so youre not just piling more wax on top of wax
Wash the car as often as it needs it. If it is dirty, then it needs to be washed. Grit and such on the surface of the vehicle can cause swirls on the surface. A good car wash soap will not strip waxes or sealants.


A good quality carnauba wax will last 4-6 weeks before it will need to be reapplied. if the car is dark, this time period is lessened due to the hotter surface temps of the surface of the car (remember your basic High School science?).


If you use a cloth to dry the car, use microfiber.


If you buff the wax with a cloth, use microfiber.


A paint sealant will actually last longer than the wax.


Sealants last 3-6 months.


If your Porsche is relatively new, it will have a ceramic clearcoat....this means it is extra hard. So, if you have swirls to address, you will need a polish designed for harder clear coats...like Menzerna or possibly the new Meguiars M105 and M 205 combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment