Sunday, December 20, 2009

How do you wash and wax your car?

What brand of product works best for you? Also, how do you apply wax on your car?How do you wash and wax your car?
this is how I do it........ I buy mostly Meguiars brand (or turtle wax :P) ..... I buy specific car soap..... get a bucket, put some of the car soap in it, fill it with water so it's nice and bubbly..... I ALWAYS buy a brand new soft, spongy thing to wash it.......





here's a link to Meguiars car soap (I use deep crystal)





http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_l鈥?/a>








I can usually find it at Walmart or Target.........





I spray down my car with the hose, get it all wet first, then use the sponge (CLEAN, NEW sponge!) to soap up and scrub the car ..... especiallly where it's SUPER dirty....... make sure you scrub the rims too!





After I scrub down the whole car I'll rinse it off with the hose.... sometiems when I'm trying to REALLY get it clean and it takes me awhile to scrub one side I'll rinse that side off first before I go on to scrub another side........





Then I apply wax..... I use Meguiars.... here's the link





http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_l鈥?/a>








I use The NXT Tech Wax....... Apply it in swirls, and make sure you're looking from every angle to make sure you've applied it to the whole car..... if you miss a spot just go through and swirl that spot....... USE A CLEAN, NEW SOFT TOWEL to buff the wax off once it's dry (wait until the wax is white and dry).............. swirl the towel with a little pressure to take the wax off..... you may need a few towels to do the whole car........... once you have all the wax off it's a good idea to take ANOTHER clean, dry soft towel and BUFF like crazy to make it REALLY shiny!!!!!!!














ALSO, if your car has been SORT of taken care of when it comes to washes, conisder CLAY BARRING it........ Mothers Clay Bar kit is great........ you wash the car.... then clay bar, then wax it......... I did that to my car after I'd owned it for 2 years (it was brand new when I bought it) and people asked me if I'd just gotten the car repainted because it looked so shiny..........





Clay barring takes out all the microscopic road dirt that is embedded in the paint that makes paint look dull.... the kit comes with everything you need..... a special spray and the hunk of clay (yes, literally clay)..... you spray a small section of the car, then rub the clay in circles until the clay moves around REALLY smoothly...... (when you first start swirling it it may sound sort of gritty or like sandpaperish because of all the crap in the paint, once it starts to pick up that crap then it's just SMOOOOOTHHH)........ once the clay moves around smoothly take a clean dry towel and wipe off the spray..... it is definitely time consuming! But it's so worth it to make you car look like it JUST came off the assembly line and is brand new!!!! You ALWAYS have to wax right after that! It protects the paint!How do you wash and wax your car?
For my own cars, when temperature is 55 to 75, I first rinse off with water, then with two caps of car wash soap added to a bucket of water, I use a SHIWALA hand held washer head (sold by Shiwala 22 N Plains Industrial Rd Wallingford, CT 06494) to wash the vehicle, and follow up with a water rinse. I lightly use a shami to dry and follow up with Turtle Wax ICE. This has worked with no hardship and many a praise since May 1996.
auto wash for me mostly. but some times i hand wash it with power washer, brush and dryign towel. for wax i would use miguiers(spelling??) you put a little on, rub it in and rub out the excess. every see karate kid? wax on, wax off. you use 2 towels. some waxes now are made so you dont have to wipe off. and some come in a spray bottle for easyer dispensing. also if you choose to use a buffing wheel, be careful. it can very easily ruin your paint if you dont knwo what your doing. good luck.





edit:you could do what kaitia said. lots of work but great reward. thumbs up kaitia!!
  • Cats
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment