Thursday, December 24, 2009

Before winter, do I wash, seal, then wax my car's paint?

I'm confused about how to take care of my car's finish. I have a car polish (Ice), but think I need to wash, use a sealant and then wax. Is this correct?Before winter, do I wash, seal, then wax my car's paint?
You need to wash it certainly, including under side sills [skirts] and under bumper front %26amp; rear valences. If you then use a good quality car wax, this will act as a sealant also. Any rain wil then just run off the waxed finish, rather than sit in pools on the top surfaces of the car. If you live in an area that experiences snowfalls, the wax will protect against this deteriorating the car's paint finish. If your car has any black mouldings [bumper inserts or door handles] use a proprietory black mouldings cleaner, this restores the original black finish and prevents fading. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment