Thursday, December 24, 2009

For my kitten,it is just a small spot of dry wax, can i just wash it with warm water?

Dry ear wax? Yeah- it should be fine to wash it off with warm water.For my kitten,it is just a small spot of dry wax, can i just wash it with warm water?
I don't know u mean by wax? do u mean dried out crusty spot?


if so, I would put a spot of vaseline on a few times a day it won't


harm kitty good luck PS Ihave many catsFor my kitten,it is just a small spot of dry wax, can i just wash it with warm water?
Dip a Cue-tip in some olive oil and ever-so gently and carefully swab the inside of the ear. Works on humans too.
use a dish cloth and it should be fine but dont do it hard on the anmial
Just wash it with a warm, damp washcloth, Kitties love that. Rub the washcloth on the entire cat. It freshens them. My cat LOVES it.
Not sure if you were just asking about ears, but if it is at the corners of the eyes and has hardened, I find that a quick pick with my fingers nails (VERY gently of course) is faster and easier than using some kind of tool. If you moisten it, it can actually be more difficult to remove. Same with dried nasal secretions. Just pick 'em off!

1 comment:

  1. Salt water flushing also loosens and thins the mucus, making it easier to expel. Without this build up of mucus, the tiny cilia, or hairs in the nasal passage are able to function more efficiently, pushing excess mucus either to the back of the throat or to the nose to be expelled.

    ====================
    Neti Pot

    ReplyDelete