Sunday, December 20, 2009

How long do I have to wait after my car gets painted to wash/wax it

I picked up my car from the paint place today and forgot to ask themHow long do I have to wait after my car gets painted to wash/wax it
It is customary to wait about 4-6 weeks. Refrain from washing it for at least 4, and then don't wax it until about 6 weeks. It takes about 30 days for car paint to fully cure, and if you wash it or wax it before then, you risk pulling the paint right off the car, or chipping/scratching it.How long do I have to wait after my car gets painted to wash/wax it
30 day's is a good answer but if this is a legit body shop your car should have already had buff and wax before you got it back. It should shine like a brand new penny. If it is dull and has what they call orange peal, You got a bad paint job.
i would wait 2 weeks. did they bake the paint or air dry? you can still just rinse with water only
2 weeks for wash 30 days for wax.
  • Cats
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment