Sunday, December 20, 2009

How do you get wax spots from a car wash off of your windshield?

I washed my car at a automatic car wash. When my windshield gets wet or foggy you can see all of these little spots where the wax used at the automatic car wash hit my windshield. How do you get that wax off of the windshield and make the glass clear again?How do you get wax spots from a car wash off of your windshield?
pick up a bag of 000 steel wool at the hardware store and use it on the windshield, I guarantee it will take it off.How do you get wax spots from a car wash off of your windshield?
I wouldn't think these are wax spots, more like calcium deposits. My old car would get soaked by the neighbors sprinklers everyday. Over time the water dropplets formed calcium deposits on the glass that looked like water dropplets, only they could not easily be removed.





To remove the calcium deposits we used some soap that came in an orange container that had little pieces of sand in it. Go to Wal-Mart, near the car section they have this soap to clean grease and stuff.





Anyway, if this is simply wax. A rag and some WD-40 will do the trick. This combination is excellent for removing sticker gunk too!
try using rubbing alcohol and then use a glass cleaner after

No comments:

Post a Comment